Monday, May 5, 2014

Slowing Down

As you may or may not have noticed, I've slowed down with “My Mastectomy” lately. Here is why:

1. It’s not on my mind and I have less time to give. Perhaps I'm in denial, perhaps I'm distracted by things like parenting and work (I'm now working increased hours at my three part time jobs) but basically,  I just haven't been thinking much about my breasts. Thankfully, being brca1+, the preventive surgeries, etc. just haven’t been on my mind lately. I also have not had any breast related appointments for a while.

2. I don't need it emotionally. In October, when I was still trying to make sense of my diagnosis and was overwhelmed by appointments and concerns over a lump, writing helped me process it all. But now that I'm lump free, and in a good place emotionally, I don't NEED to blog the way I did.

3. I have another opportunity to write. “My Mastectomy” has been an opportunity to do something I love - writing. However, I'm now blogging as part of one of my jobs. This has been great for me, as it's a paid opportunity to express myself in this manner.

I still do intend to write. I'll definitely write after appointments or when I need to work something out. And I'm sure as my surgery gets closer, I'll need the therapeutic element of blogging to be part of my life again. But for now, I'm slowing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment